A place where you can read almost anything and everything under the sun.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Another Year ......

Its a new year once again, another year of new stuff, new experiences, new friends to meet and new aspects in life to explore.
Come to think of it, what did happen to me last year. It was not such a good year actually. So many things happened, so many problems and heartaches felt yet, here I am still trying to survive them all. Some say just go on with life, I say the same thing when others ask for my opinion/advise but being honest with myself, let's just say I dont follow them. Not easy, YES, coz its not.

What did happen to me last year????? Okay I will start, first quarter of 2005.
1st Quarter: I'm still a probationary employee at the company I am working right now. still got another month to finish before I can completely say I am a regular employee. Not much happened this quarter, met new acquantances though aside from the ones I already met. Oh I forgot, I started watching Korean TV Series but nothing caught my attention that much. Why? let's just say I am not interested in watching any of those stuff coz' find them too boring.

2nd Quarter: I am now a regular employee and I also a year was added to my already increasing age. No problem though, I am at least, going somewhere. Unlike my other officemates who availed of the early retirement package our previous employer give, I am lucky enough to find another job. My birthday wasn't such a joyous one, just like any regular everyday, day to day routinary, humdrummms whatever. People at work where all so happy singing me a birthday song to my delight, smootches here and greetings there, cards given, even old friends at my previous work texted me to greet me a very nice happy birthday. At home, that's where the difference lie. DOnt' want to elaborate, not nice to remember. Let's just say at least I got a very nice hug and kiss from my baby, that's enough for me. My kid is my whole life and will always be as long as I live. So let's forget about that stuff, let's proceed to other the other stuff that caught my attention. My mom and sister started watching "Full House" a Korean TeleSeries and ask me to join them which in turn I did and started liking the story. It was my sister who like Rain and Song Hye Gyo and requested me to research on the two. I did and let's just say the rest was history. Until now I dont know why I got hooked with a Korean guy whose songs I dont even understand, but I did get hooked. I tried looking for fan site but to my dismay, I cant find any.

3rd Quarter:
The highlight of my life started here. I found a site, the Philippine counterpart of the fanclub, who also like the Korean Guy I like. I attended their so-called meetings and joined other countries fanclub for the same guy. The office work is still the same except for some changes in the process I handled. I was transfered to another process and met new people who also became close to me at the same time. This was also the time that my depression was kicking in. I am having problems here and there and everything was just closing in on me all at the same time. Ever heard of the popular saying, "When it Rain it pours," well, lets just say mine was not just a rain but a thunderstorm. I tried looking for answers to my questions and unbiased advise to what is happening to me, but when I think about it now, the only person who can help me then was the one above. Would you believe I started questioning His plans for me during those depressing times. I was asking why it always had to be me. I never did anything, as far as I know, that will upset Him. I tried to live the way He would want me to live, though i am not perfect, i tried to be one. I said I surpassed His other trials why give me more again this time. This was also the time when I said I had enough. I really did tried ending it all cause I am so damn tired of everything. I tried holding on to the Hope and Faith that I nurtured for the past decade of my life but would you believe all those disappeared in just a quick second. Maybe He has other plans for me because my attempt to end it all boiled down to having a knight and shining armour in the middle of Makati City. I was not able to thank the guy who saved me from my stupidity then but I did get a tongue lashing from the guy who nearly hit me. I was still in a trance when I reached my workplace then but being numbed from head to foot I ended up on the floor unconcious. I tried living my life once again and did tried getting back the old spunk in my life that was loss. Others advised me to try going out on a date again but I just cant do it, not just yet.

4th Quarter:
I can summarize the last quarter of my life for 2005 in just a few sentence but this is also the time I met a friend who for some reason or another became a very dear one to me til this day. I dont want to get my hopes high but at least I am able to share how I felt during those depressing times in my life. During this quarter at least I am able to start enjoying myself. It may not be too much for others but for me its a start. The short talk we had at Starbucks then gave me the chance to unwind my depressed feeling and for some reason SHE was able to communicate with me the message I need to hear. SHE did not say much but I know, somehow, she understands. I enjoy her company and we try to get out once in a while. Right now there are five (5) of us who enjoy chit chatting, eating in one of the Korean Resto here in Makati Ave., and I enjoy it a lot.

I am a simple person with simple wishes in life. I dont expect much but I try as much as possible to give out the best possible care I can give. I am also gullible and that's how they call me at my previous work because I trust people too easily. What is not to like about people, everybody has their own uniqueness and differences which attracts and bind them together.

It was because of a Korean Guy named Rain that I was able to get a grip of my life once again. I started listening to music once again, I started living once again, I started believing in life once again and would you believe I started trusting people once again. Others might not believe me but who cares, Rain did that to me. I met my friends because of him and I am enjoy their company. Rain may not know it but he gave me back my life once again.
That's about it. I dont know what the new year has in store for me. I just pray it would not be the same as last year. I will try to live my life one day at a time once again.

1 Comments:

Blogger marissa said...

Chingu,
Just take it one step at a time, one day at a time. Appreciate what is now because there are a lot of things worth living for.

11:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home