A place where you can read almost anything and everything under the sun.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My so called new POST

Its unfair that I have been getting negative feedbacks at work regarding my being appointed as a new Performance Coach. I worked hard to go through the process so hearing those rumors really made me feel upset. Although I am trying to smile everytime someone congratulate me but knowing that there are also side comments with the greet when they turn their back makes me want to say, "Hey I dont need your compliment, okay!" Talk about being ungrateful.

Been trying to talk to my MO to just let me stay here at my present work assignment. I will just face my detractors and prove them wrong with what they are spreading. I am upset about this decision and have to cry tons because I was not given the chance to discredit these people. But as my MO said, just to ward of anymore rumors and protect me from these negative remarks, he decided to transfer me to our head office in Alabang (which is actually a 2hrs drive from my place as compared to the 20mins ride where I am right now assigned to). Convenience wise, it is totally inconvenient for me to be assigned there plus the fact that I dont know how to get there.

Everything is getting out of hand because of this rumor and right now I received another set of rumor which is actually, arrrrrrrrrrrggggghhhh. Now I am being tagged as having a relationship with the MO. This one I can let go because its totally untrue but it is very embarassing just to hear somebody saying it. My MO said just to let it go and just work as if nothing is happening.

You now what stupid incident happened just yesterday morning while I am waiting in line to get my pay, the girl who is spreading the rumor approached me. Congratulated me and told me that I got what I have been waiting for. That I became a PC because the position was promised to me in the first place. I have to calm myself first before giving the girl a piece of my mind. Much as I want to scream and I tell her that nothing was promised to me, I just looked at her and told her who ever gave her such crap should have his/her head examined. I went through all 3 stages just to pass this promotion and If anybody really deserves to be promoted its me because I worked hard to be chosen to apply for this position. She just looked at me and said sorry but told her that being sorry doesnt do anybody any good anymore since the rumor is already all over the production floor.

I have to leave the line not because I feel bad about what I said but because I cant stand waiting in line together with her. I want to say more but knowing I will be on the losing end, knowing that she has so many friends at work because the other person spreading this rumor is her gay friend.
Had the situation been different, I would have accepted the transfer with grateful heart, because that would give me the chance to see friends who were assigned at that office. I feel like a kid being dragged away from home because of some problem at home. AM upset and until now still trying to convince Kitty (my MO) to reconsider my request. Know what I even ask him, TOLD HIM I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE PROMOTION ANYMORE. I will continue doing what I am doing right now.

His response, a big NO.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really feel bad for you Flor!! Be strong and do not let them get to you!! To not accept the promotion is unacceptable okie.. that is not the Flor we know! Was happy to read that you gave that stupid girl a piece of your mind! I really hope the rumor will stop so that you will not be transfer to the new location as it is so far!!! And also life will be normal again at work!!.

Good luck over there and hey you deserve the promotion so don't give a crap of what they have to say okie!!!

happybi.

6:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flor, they're just jealous so don't let them get to you. Held your head high and let them say all they want. Only show everyone how shady they themselves are. You know you deserve everything you have accomplished and that's all that matters. AJA!

Kim

5:24 AM

 
Blogger Flor said...

thanks guys, you made me feel light-hearted when i read your comments.

11:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only speaking the truth. Those that have nothing better to do will spread and listen to these rumors. In a way, it's great because now you know exactly those that are only pretending to be your friend.

Aja over there. We support you 100% of the way!

Kim ^^

1:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only speaking the truth. Those that have nothing better to do will spread and listen to these rumors. In a way, it's great because now you know exactly those that are only pretending to be your friend.

Aja over there. We support you 100% of the way!

Kim ^^

1:05 PM

 
Blogger Flor said...

thanks for teh support Kim. You ladies are great.

1:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home