A place where you can read almost anything and everything under the sun.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

My RAINy Bangkok Experience - Part 2


DAY 3 – February 26, 2006 (2nd Rainy day Concert)

I was rereading my previous write-up, found out many booboos, well just goes to show I am still in cloud nine when I was writing my experiences. Anyway I re-hashed some of the error but if you still find any, please just call my attention, pabo, hehehehe.

Didn’t get much sleep the night after the first concert, I was still excited with all the experiences and can’t wait to watch the concert again.

We were fetched at the hotel around 11:30am and went straight to Impact Arena. Why so early when the concert will start 8:30pm, well, let’s just say we would like to get a good place to stand on the last day of Rain’s concert. Talk about being early, some fans even stayed all night just to be first in line. We took our spot and waited all day for the concert to start. During our wait, we did nothing but bond with other Rain Fans. Some nice some not, others are dressed as if they’re going to the beach, ohhhhhhhhhh what a get-up. I particularly bonded with Nimfa and Cindy and I had a nice time chatting and being kooky with them. Dont want to discuss anymore what we talked about but bottom line we both ended getting a good seat beside the guy who was selling newspaper. Still havent lost my touch of being a dramatic actress, hehehehe. The rest of the RainPH members stayed in our line while we look for some souvenir items to buy. Prices on the 2nd day of the concert were the same as that of the 1st day except for the concert tickets, I heard that VIP tickets which was originally sold for 6000bht are now sold as low as 4500 or 5000bht. I will just leave my comment to myself regarding this but one can assume why the tickets are already being sold that cheap already. At around 630pm I changed my tee to a pink sleeveless top because the temperature that night is to die for. It’s so hot plus the fact that we have to wait in the line for 2 more hours made the waiting even more unbearable. Others are already shouting be let in but the crowd went wild when some of the ushers are letting in some Thai fans who are trying to get in ahead of those who waited all day to get the front row spot. Everybody has to shout OUT, OUT, OUT (of course we joined in) so that those Ushers will know that people who lined up early are not happy with what they are doing. Talk about being pushed over, we were practically pushed forward then backward, was asked to line up in twos, then three’s, the last straw was four (its just like playing the boat is sinking), then was ask to move forward again then backward again. One of the RainPH ajuma said that this would be the 1st and last Rain concert she will watch. She was upset about how the management of Impact handled the whole scenario and being honest myself, I’m not also happy with the way we were treated by these Thai people. So many restrictions comparing it with other Rain concert when no restrictions were being sanctioned. Everybody would like to have a good time but I don’t think these people do not know what

having a good time means. The Ushers, just like the first day, inspected the bags and did some body search before we were let in. We found a good spot to stand so we just stayed to where we were and waited for the concert to start. I heard a commotion to where Ziel, Andie and Rica were standing. Found out that one Rain fan from China was trying to squeeze her herself so she would get closer to the stage, Ziel was particularly the victim of this Chinese lady. Bad news for the 2 Chinese fans, they were reported to the Head Usher (an American guy) who requested them first to behave. The older Chinese lady did not heed the warning instead did her thing again this time it was one Cloud Japan fan who became her victim. The Japanese lady asked the American guy to take her out since she does not want to respect other fans who would like to watch the concert. The American Usher had come inside the VIP section to request the 2 Chinese lady to move back or else they will be dragged out of the concert. Well, just goes to show how hard headed some people can be, the Chinese ladies did not do as they were told so what the American Usher did was to literally drag them out of the VIP section. The other Chinese girl (the smaller one) was crying and asks not to taken out but one has to pay the price for being rude and not following simple orders. When the 2 were taken out the Japanese fans made friends with the rest of the fans inside the VIP section and even thanked some of the fans for backing her up when she requested the 2 ladies to be taken out.

The show started 830pm with the same opening act, BYUL was singing once again and this time I saw her up-close. She’s even more beautiful and everybody joined her when she sang her song. She talked to the audience in Thai, which gave her a good applause from the Thailanders watching the concert. Same as first night no JYP in sight. Well, just goes to show that he really has no intention in joining Rain do his last Rainy day concert. Of record, I was also looking for Appa Jeong but he was not there. The Voltes group are having a good time wishing me a good time before I went to Bangkok and even joke that if ever I do get the chance to see Appa Jeong, to make friends with him rather than be chosen girlfriend of the night. We were laughing our heads of on how to go about the whole scheme.



Back to the concert, Rain’s usual entrance started the whole concert but this time it was different Rain that I saw. He looks okay compared to yesterday, at least the smile extends up to some part of his eyes. Rain did his number well all through out the concert only this time no more off-key note. He’s still not staying long under the man-made rain but at least he was wearing his white get-up when he sang “NAN” (won’t elaborate why I love to see Rain in white suit each time he sang that song). After singing It’s Raining, Rain together with his dancers went infront of the stage to thank everybody who watched the concert. He was saying something in Korean while somebody from backstage translate it in Thailand’s native language. We don’t understand what is being said so what we did was to try to throw the bear to where Rain is. It was one of the female dancers who got the bear and they were so enchanted with the bear that they started playing with it. Everything was so fast but for Elle and me it was the highlight of the show for both of us. When Elle flashed the RainPH light on BIs direction, BI bowed to Elle first then me. Everything stopped for me because all I can see that night was how BI looked at us with his ever-cute smiling face. I know that its just one of the many acknowledgements BI gives out to his fans but to be able to be the recipient of such acknowledgement, can’t remember how Elle and me felt that day. All I can remember that night was how happy I am and how Tita Remy and Tita Susan were so worried about me. They thought something happened to me, yes, something did happen but I just don’t know how to put it in words that night. This was also the time when the 2 ajumas told me that they are going to watch BIs concert again, talk about saying that they had enough of Rain’s concert because of what happened before the show started. Everybody was hyper or was in cloud 9 that night, RB because the bear reached its destination, Tita Remy and Tita Susan was so happy because of the turn-out of the concert, while for Elle and me, let’s just say it deeper than what they felt. When Rain sang Instead of Saying Goodbye, everybody joined in. I was so happy that night that I don’t care anymore whether I am singing or saying the right words, all I remember was that I am so dam happy that night. I was like a silly teenager after the show but when things sink in on me again, that’s when I told myself that I get a grip of myself because I am way too old for this kind of stuff. Long story short, made me realize things I should not be analyzing after the concert. I was practically shaking from head to foot, even called Aileen to tell her what happened but have to hang-up because I need to compose myself. I found out that Elle cried after getting a good acknowledgement from BI while the rest didn’t even know that we got such attention because they were looking at the Teddy Bear and how the dancers are playing with it. The bear was even placed in between the boobies of the lady dancer who 1st played with the bear. Rain said that I LOVE YOU will be his last song for the night. As usual everybody said no, then he said, I’m tired but everybody just screamed. Some said sarang hae, others said more and the more everybody screamed the more Rain is teasing the crowd. He was playful that night making him more endearing and cute. I will miss this Korean guy after I get back to the Philippines, he really did touched my heart so much. After the encore number, Rain went back on stage wearing a white tee that made him look boyish. The dancers were spraying water on everybody even the audience was not spared from the childish act. Everybody had a good time being wet that night, Cindy got different colors of confetti sticking on her skin but she doesn’t care a bit. Everybody had a grand time and I will not miss this event for the rest of my life.

We all went back to the hotel; I did not talk on our way to the hotel because I was still reminiscing that short moment of my life, hehehehe. I was still in cloud nine when I reached our room and told Ryan what happened at the concert; he was just smiling at me. We went out to have dinner at Pratuman but who can eat at time of the night I mean morning. Me all I can think of that night is how happy I am. There were problems I encountered in this whole trip but everything is all worth it because of this night. I will forget this because it made a great big difference for me.

Before watching this concert all I want to get out of this were the following:

1. Have fun.
2. To find new friends which I did. I met Mai, Wendy, Raina, Cherry, Boa, Kate666 and the rest of the RainPH members.
3. Take pictures of the concert. Major bummer because I got only a few.
4. Sing Instead of saying Goodbye with the rest of Rain International fans.
5. Buy souvenir items to bring back home in Manila. Another major bummer, cost is too high.
6. The experience of watching Rain perform live.
7. To be honest, I also want to watch JYP perform on stage.
8. To have a great time, hehehehe.

Little did I know that I would get more in watching Rain’s concert. I went to bed that morning light-hearted. I was still in a state of shock and can’t get any sleep at all. I just waited for the clock to reach 630am so we can have breakfast and buy some stuff to bring back home to Manila.

DAY 4 – February 27, 2006 (Going back to Manila)

It would be nice to come back home, I miss my kid can’t wait to give him a hug. In a few hours we will go back to our usual home/work routine.

We went to nearby stores to buy some things to bring back home but got only a few cheap items. Everybody’s funds are already depleted because of some unexpected expenses but we still did some shopping to bring something back home to remind us of this trip. I bought myself an MP3 and was glad that I bought it cheap. Usually MP3s with extended memory cost almost P4,000 in the Phils. but here I was able to buy it at 1650bht (P2178.00 if converted to Phil. Peso)

When we checked out of the hotel this is when I felt something negative bugging inside me. Much as I don’t like to admit it myself, I will miss the Korean guy who touched my heart so much. After watching his concert, I know I will be missing him more now that I got the chance to see his performance live. I already miss him today hope that he’s okay and not sick anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home